|ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Sales Manager will be responsible for the achievement of sales targets, design win capture, and continued revenue growth for the assigned territory/accounts. The Sales Manager will ensure the execution of revenue and design wins for the business. This individual must be able to sell strategically and thrive in a cross-functional team environment.
- Generate leads through proactive business development activity. Follow up on assigned leads. Provide and document a thorough and detailed qualification of all leads.
- Effectively lead negotiations with customers and close deals within company guidelines. Contribute to development of contractual agreements with customers.
- Develop and deliver strategic sales presentations, formulating and articulating value proposition.
- Effectively manage key accounts. Develop an intimate knowledge of strategic accounts. Provide strategic oversight and engage additional company resources as necessary.
- Develop deep customer relationships from working level to senior levels. Develop & execute detailed account growth plans. Provide ongoing customer support and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Manage sales through forecasting, account resource allocation, account strategy, and planning. Develop solution proposals encompassing all aspects of the application.
- Participate in the development, presentation and sales of a value proposition. Negotiate pricing and contractual agreement to close the sale.
- Identify and develop strategic alignment with key third party influencers. On a day-to-day level, maintain relationships with technical decision makers such as the chief information officer, information technology director and information technology manager.
- Prepare briefings on the business, technical and financial benefits of technology and collaborate with customers to develop customized solutions.
- Coordinate the work of technical support teams to provide customers with the different services they need throughout their ownership of the products, including solution design, installation, training, user support and maintenance.
- Determine annual unit and gross-profit plans by implementing marketing strategies; analyzing trends and results.
- Establish sales objectives by forecasting and developing annual sales quotas for regions and territories; projecting expected sales volume and profit for existing and new products.
- Implement national sales programs by developing field sales action plans. Maintain sales volume, product mix, and selling price by keeping current with supply and demand, changing trends, economic indicators, and competitors.
- Establish and adjust selling prices by monitoring costs, competition, and supply and demand.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree
- Strong customer orientation. Must be able to manage extensive sales processes in complex customer organizations.
- Strong leadership presence with an ability to develop and deliver targeted presentations at all levels within an organization. Demonstrated interpersonal savvy with proven ability to build effective relationships throughout all levels internally and externally.
- Demonstrated ability to be effective within a cross-functional environment. Expertise motivating others toward the achievement of objectives.
- Understands AFNAM’s business functions and core processes. Exhibits a strong bias for action with a results-orientation. Drives self and others to deliver on commitments. Anticipates and adjusts, demonstrating positive change management.